Typography: Font Types

  1. How many of them are designed with a serif font type, and how many with a San's serif font type?
one of the fonts is a sans serif and two of them are serif font types

  1. Why do you think there are many more of one type than the other? 
I think that gaming is a more modern activity so it's usually the younger generation that does it. as such using sans serif which is newer would likely appeal to them more 

  1. What are the connotations of those font types?
Origin Tech Demo- seems more techie than the other. If someone saw this, they would most likely think that this article or game is cutting-edge with the best things to offer.
Glitch inside- seems like it was made for kids. when I see it, I can't help but thinks about 3-d movies.
God of War- seems like the oldest of the three. enough though it has a sans serif font I feel as though this is something for the older generation of gamers.
After deciding on what type of magazine I wanted to create I need to pick to font to would match it. my first two options were Glitch Inside and Origin Tech Demo. These two fonts give off a cyber technology vibe. They are also very appealing to the eyes which could draw in viewers just based on the design. The third option was God of War I chose this because the font was designed based on a famous game. It was my hope that gamers would see the design and instantly recognize it, which would make the want to buy it. 

Comments

Popular Posts