Editing Photos: Development




 

Photos are a very important part of any magazine. Simply taking photos is not enough; they need to be edited until they fit the magazine image. Throughout my magazine, I relied on two images more than the others. The first was a group photo of students playing games and the second was another group shot of students celebrating. I used Photoshop to edit all my photos. When it came to the first image which I used as my cover page I took a lot of time to make sure it was perfect. I also receive assistance from my teacher. Together we removed the background of the image and created a new layer for the students only. Then we selected the top layer of the monitor and added a glowing effect. Lastly, we added a shine in the middle of the glow effect. For the second image, I did a more simple process. I used the quick selection tool to select the students and remove the background. Then I used the selection tool again to isolate the controller in the student's hands. I added a glow effect to the controller by accessing the layer style and clicking the outer glow feature. For my magazine, I decided that a neon effect was needed the most. So I gave most of my photos neon lighting. In the end, I found out I took more pictures than I needed, which was unfortunate because I was hoping to use most of them to showcase the feeling students get when gaming.

Comments

Popular Posts